of the right answer or the right thing to do
1. Form a question that can be answered with a YES or a NO.
2. Relax as completely as you can.
3. Imagine your higher self, or Someone more than you, and ask the question of them. The answer will be there immediately.
4. Accept the answer you get. If you try to think instead of listen to the answer you may not "hear" it. It would be like asking someone a question and then continuing to talk as they answered it.
The answer you get will be the right answer for you at the moment of asking.
4. When you are quite practiced with the yes and no answers, you can try for others.
Remember that common usage of language can be imprecise. Make sure you form your question in such a way that it says what you mean, and it can be precisely answered.